According to a 2022 survey conducted by the National Young Farmers Coalition, access to affordable land is the number one barrier to new farmers—especially BIPOC farmers. Fortunately, there are individual, community-led, and nationwide efforts working to expand farmland access and address systemic barriers.
- National Young Farmers Coalition Finding Farmland Course
- USDA Web Soil Survey
- Farmland Information Center
- Land for Good Acquiring Your Farm Tutorial
- USDA Increasing Land, Capital, and Market Access Program Projects
- Ag Lease 101 Lease Forms, Worksheets, Publications, and Templates
- Land Stewardship Project Land Transition Tools